Zonal electric resistance to ductless heat pump conversion rebate
For electric customers
What you get
$800 rebate value
Do I qualify?
- You must be a current PSE single family residential electric customer. Single-family new construction, multifamily (5 or more attached units) and commercial accounts are not eligible.
- Your primary and current heating system must be zonal electric resistance to qualify. This includes: baseboard, cable, wall heater, or electric hydronic.
- Customers with existing natural gas forced air furnaces or natural gas boilers are not eligible.
- Your new ductless system must be AHRI Certified® as a mini-split heat pump, have a minimum HSPF of 9.0, use inverter technology, and be a minimum of ¾ ton in heating mode.
- At least one Indoor Head must be installed in the main living area of the home; bedroom only installations do not qualify.
- Must install to comply with all federal, state and local code requirements.
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice and purchase receipt for your installed product(s). They must include: an installation date, brand, model number(s) of all rebated equipment (include the heat pump, air handler and/or coil model number on the invoice), and amount paid.
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment purchase.
- You must have an online PSE account in order to apply online.
- Rebates only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- Equipment that is replaced under warranty will not be eligible for second rebate.
- One rebate per qualified single-family residence.
- Rebate cannot exceed the pre-tax purchase price of any rebated product.
- Equipment installed in manufactured homes must apply on a different rebate application. Please visit pse.com/rebates/manufactured-homes.
For rebates for multifamily buildings, apartments or condos, click here.
Shopping for a new heat pump?
High-efficiency heat pumps are great option for upgrading your heating system even if you do not have electric resistance or electric forced air heating in your home.
PSE works with manufacturers, distributors, and contractors to provide discounts on high efficiency heat pumps.
Tip: Speak with your contractor regarding how this discount might apply to your HVAC project.
View qualifying models for possible pass-through discounts from your contractor.
Ductless heat pump facts
A ductless heat pump is a highly energy-efficient heating and cooling system that does not require ducts to carry conditioned air. They run efficiently and without energy losses associated with the ductwork of a central forced-air system. Going ductless is the most efficient option for areas of your home that you wish to condition in zones, new additions or for newer homes that only require a small space conditioning system.
Other benefits include:
- Ductless heat pumps use between 25 and 50 percent less energy to heat your home
- An ultra-quiet fan evenly circulates air, eliminating hot and cold spots
- Installation in your home is inexpensive, simple and quick, which makes for little or no disruption
- Ductless systems come standard with air conditioning, so you can get rid of window units
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.