Air-source heat pump rebate
For electric customers
Receive an $800 rebate from PSE when you upgrade to a qualifying energy-efficient air-source heat pump.
Do I qualify?
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer
- Your heat pump system must be AHRI Certified® with a 10.0 HSPF or Better
- Your Heat pump system must be designed to meet the heating needs of the whole home
- Both Split and Mini-split technology qualify for this incentive
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment installation
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice or purchase receipt for your installed product(s) with model numbers listed.
- If you want to apply online, you must have an online PSE account
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient home improvement upgrade.
When available, PSE also recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating.
Air-source heat pump facts
An air-source heat pump is a high-efficiency heating and cooling system that can deliver between one-and-a-half and three times more heat energy to a home than the electrical energy it uses.
A less efficient panel of electric coils kicks in to provide additional indoor heating when outdoor temperatures fall below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, so it's generally not a preferred system for regions with sub-freezing winter temperatures.
You should know. The installation of a heat pump or air conditioner can sometimes cause a fluctuation in the power supply when your equipment starts. This may result in a visible flicker of the lighting in your home or your neighbors' homes.
To ensure that your heat pump installation does not have a negative effect on power quality, it's important to discuss this issue with your contractor. For additional assistance, call a PSE Customer Construction Services specialist at 1-888-321-7779.