Non-Hunting Recreation Access Permit
Terms and Conditions
I have received a copy of the WILD HORSE WIND FACILITY NON-HUNTING RECREATION ACCESS RULES ("Wild Horse Wind Facility Rules") governing non-hunting recreation access to the Wild Horse Wind Facility property and agree to abide by them. I understand that if I fail to abide by these rules, my recreation access privileges may be immediately terminated and I may be subject to further liability or prosecution. The term of this permit is eight (8) months, April 1 through November 30, 2021. If my name or address changes during the effective period of this agreement, I am required to re- register and sign a new Non-Hunting Recreation Access Permit to provide current information prior to entering the Wind Facility Property, other than for "through" access.
I understand that PSE, DNR, and WDFW assume no liability for my safety and personal property while I am on Wind Facility Property. I release and agree to hold PSE, DNR, and WDFW harmless in the event of bodily injury, death, personal property damage, theft, or other accident or mishap that may occur while I am on Wind Facility Property.
I understand that even if I am granted access to Wind Facility Property, if I trespass on any portion of Wind Facility Property specifically posted as closed or marked with a "No Access" sign, or, violate any of the Wild Horse Wind Facility Rules, then I may face revocation of my access privileges and possible enforcement action.
I understand that there is a wind power generating facility operated by PSE on the Wind Facility Property and that I will be responsible for any damage that I cause to the wind facilities (whether or not such damage is intentional), including, but not limited to wind turbines, solar facilities, overhead power lines, splice boxes, j-boxes, maintenance vehicles, signs, maintenance facilities or substation, or injuries, death or damage to any persons thereon.
Non-Hunting Recreation Access Rules
Violation of these rules will result in loss of all access privileges and possible enforcement action.
- Access is allowed from April 1 to November 30, seven days per week from 2 hours before sunrise to 2 hours after sunset. Gate sensors allow exit from site 24 hours a day.
- No access allowed from December 1 to March 31 or during other posted closure periods.
- Access may be restricted at any time due to emergencies or operational issues.
- No access of any kind within 300 feet (100 yards) of the wind turbines, met towers, or microwave facilities.
- Your recreation access permit must be clearly displayed on vehicle dash and visible from outside of vehicle while accessing the facility for all non-hunting recreational activities.
- Motorized vehicle traffic is permitted only on Beacon Ridge Road. Driving on other wind turbine access roads is not allowed.
- Maximum speed limit is 25 mph unless otherwise posted. Wind maintenance service trucks, cranes, and heavy equipment have right-of-way.
- No off-road driving permitted. Off-road vehicles (ORVs) or all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are allowed on Beacon Ridge Road only.
- Parking allowed only along Beacon Ridge Road and in designated parking areas as shown on the Recreation Access Map. Do not block access to gates, junction boxes, or any entrances.
- No camping or overnight parking.
- No target shooting.
- No fires, open flames, fireworks or any other items or activities that may cause fires. Smoking is not allowed outside of vehicle.
- No launching of balloons, aerial vehicles, drones or kites.
- No commercial photography.
- No consumption of alcohol, marijuana or any illegal drugs.
To help assure continued access to these lands, please report any violations of these rules call (509) 964-7815 or (509) 964-7813.
To report poaching in progress, public endangerment, or in the event of an emergency call 911.