PSE COVID-19 Response

As a provider of an essential service, we are working to ensure we are here for our customers, our community and our employees as coronavirus impacts the region.

We know some of our business and residential customers might be worried about paying their bills. Here are measurable actions we’ve taken on behalf of our customers:

  • PSE will not be disconnecting customers for non-payment during this time.
  • During Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home – Stay Healthy” order, PSE will only respond to emergency and make-safe situations which require restoration of power or natural gas such as: outages, natural gas leaks/odors, and low-hanging wire. We will also be working to support the essential facilities and services as listed in Governor Inslee’s critical infrastructure throughout our community.
  • PSE will work with our customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date.
  • PSE has an energy assistance portal to facilitate access to funds available to income qualified customers.
  • PSE is requiring our employees to maintain social distancing while working in the field. We encourage our customers to do the same when engaging with our employees.

PSE Covid-19 Response

Contacts and forms

Absence reporting

Employees are required to contact MetLife at 1-877-8OFFWORK (1-877-863-3967) to report time off from work for these types of absences:

  • Jury duty
  • Military leave
  • Extended personal leave
  • Short-term disability
  • Long-term disability
  • Military family leave
  • Pregnancy disability leave
  • FMLA (for serious health issues of self or a family member or care for a new child)
  • Domestic violence leave

To manage your MetLife benefits online, follow these myBenefits registration instructions.

If you have concerns about MetLife services, call MetLife at 1-877-8OFFWORK (1-877-863-3967) and ask to speak with your claims examiner.

If this does not address your concern, call MetLife and ask to speak with a supervisor. If leaving a message, please give your availability for a return call. Allow one business day for a response.

If you need additional assistance after making these contacts at MetLife, notify the Leaves/Accommodations Team via email at or via PSE interoffice mail at Leaves/Accommodations - EST09W.

  • Contact information for leaves and accommodations

    Topic Contact
    Reporting a leave Follow the absence procedures of your workgroup and call MetLife at 1-877-8OFFWORK (1-877-863-3967)
    Employee Assistance Program Call United Behavioral Health: 1-800-358-8515
    Or visit
    (Enter through the "Access Code" section. To obtain PSE's pin number, call Stephanie Collin at the number listed below.)
    Ergonomic assessments Visit MyErgopro
    Extended personal leave

    Call Jenny Haykin
    PSE integrated leaves and accommodation program manager

    Also, report your leave by contacting:
    1-877-8OFFWORK (1-877-863-3967)

    PTO questions and donations Call Perry Pearsall
    PSE Leaves & Benefits Analyst
    Confidential Fax: 425-457-5793
    Job modifications for medical restrictions Call Solutions Northwest: 425-628-0350 or
    FAX: 360-866-4773
    Workers’ compensation claims Call Eberle Vivian (“EV”) at 253-867-1781 or
    toll free at
  • Forms for leaves & accommodations

    Short term disability

    Forms that are due at MetLife within 15 days of reporting the leave:

    • Authorization for Release and Use of Medical Information
      Use MetLife's Authorization for Release and Use of Medical Information form along with the applicable form listed below.
      • Attending Physician's Statement of Disability (General - for Family Medical Leave and Short Term Disability for your own physical health condition)
      • Attending Physician's Statement of Disability (Behavioral - for Family Medical Leave and Short Term Disability for your own mental health condition)
    Job modification and transitional duty
    Family Medical Leave

    Forms that are due at MetLife within 15 days of reporting the leave:

    • Application for Family Medical Leave Act Care for Dependent Child
    • Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
    • Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition
    Military leaves
    • Military pay supplements calendar
    Workers' Compensation Leaves
    • Obtain a Workers’ Compensation Packet from your Supervisor or Administrative Specialist