Industrial Strategic Energy Management
Build an energy team, get energy management training, earn incentives as you save
Our ISEM program can help you achieve site-level energy savings goals, lower operating costs, and identify energy savings projects through a comprehensive energy management process. Energy savings achieved through this process earn participants an energy incentive to cover the costs of investing in energy management.
What you get
If you qualify for our ISEM program, you get access to the following program offerings:
- Training for an energy team comprised of employees from different groups at your organization in six seminars.
- An onsite Kaizen event to identify energy savings opportunities including engineering support provided by PSE.
- Site energy performance tracking tools to track progress and document savings at your site.
- An organizational Energy Management Assessment to understand where your organization is in its Energy Management process and where improvements can be made to sustain Strategic Energy Management at your site.
- Incentives for verified savings over three performance years plus two milestone incentives for achieving key program milestones.
Customers participating in the ISEM program are eligible for up to $25,000 per year in incentives for verified site-level savings associated with process improvements, behavioral changes, and O&M implemented at the site. Incentives are provided at $0.02 per kWh or $0.32 per therm saved for each of three performance years. Participating customers are also eligible to earn two $1,000 milestone incentives. 1) When your business provides production data needed to develop site energy model 2) when you complete 5 energy-saving actions within the first six months of your first performance year.
How to qualify
To be eligible for our Commercial Strategic Energy Management program:
- Your business site must be within PSE's electric and/or natural gas service area(s) and use electricity and/or natural gas from PSE.
- Your business site must be considered industrial, which often (but not always) means either: The majority of its electric load is associated with processing or manufacturing, or; Its subsystems maintain long run-hours, rely on industry-standard technology and keep relatively stable control setpoints and loads.
- Sites whose principal use is office or retail are almost always not eligible for this program.
- Buildings targeted in your ISEM portfolio must collectively use greater than 3,000,000 kWh or 150,000 therms (or a combination of both) annually.
- You must assign and commit existing staff members as your Executive Sponsor, Energy Champion, and Data Master. These people form the core energy team at the site and act as liaisons between your business and PSE. This team is responsible for completing program deliverables and tasks, communicating energy-saving initiatives to your staff and managing your site's energy bills.
How to apply
To get pre-approved, complete this custom grant application and submit to PSE in one of three ways:
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Have a project specific question or want to know if the CSEM grant will
work for you?