Comprehensive Small Industrial grants
Get up to 70% of project costs covered for energy efficiency upgrades as well as a comprehensive site visit to identify opportunities. PSE provides a scoping site visit and incentives on cost-effective energy efficiency measures for qualifying Industrial customers. Common measures (Lighting, HVAC Controls, and Advanced Rooftop Controls) have their own programs. All other custom measures including capital, O&M, and behavioral changes that have quantifiable costs and energy savings may be incentivized through this program. Common custom measures include boiler upgrades, the installation of variable frequency drives (VFDs) on fans or pumps, HVAC equipment replacement, high-efficiency chillers, and air compressor upgrades.
What you get
For most non-lighting retrofits, PSE incentives provide up to $0.35 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) or $5.00 per therm of projected annual energy savings, which can be up to 70% of the total cost of equipment and installation.
How to qualify
To be eligible for PSE's CSI grants:
- You must currently be a PSE business electric or gas customer.
- Your business site must be considered industrial, which often (but not always) means either:
- The majority of its electric load is associated with processing or manufacturing, or; Its subsystems maintain long run-hours, rely on industry-standard technology and keep relatively stable control setpoints and loads.
- Sites whose principal use is office or retail are almost always not eligible for this program.
- Must use less than 1,000,000 kWh per year in electricity and less than 50,000 therms per year in gas.
- You must be pre-approved by PSE prior to the installation of all energy efficiency improvement measures.
How to apply
To get pre-approved, complete this retrofit grant application and submit to PSE in one of two ways:
E-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Print and mail them to the address shown at the bottom of the application
Please include any additional information that would help evaluate the project. This may include a project proposal, drawings, trend data, and cut sheets.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Have a project specific question or want to know if the CSEM grant will
work for you?