For Commercial Electric Customers
Maximize comfort, optimize energy usage, and receive rebates when you install a qualified heat pump.
Heating your business can account for up to half of your energy usage. Heat Pumps offer heating and cooling in a single piece of equipment—which usually means lower capital costs—and provide heat at a lower cost than electric resistance heating. Today's heat pumps can reduce your electricity use for heating by approximately 50% compared to electric resistance heaters, resulting in significantly lower operating costs for you and your business.
In addition to heating, heat pumps can help to beat the heat by providing air conditioning to your business. High-efficiency heat pumps also dehumidify better than standard central air conditioners, resulting in less energy usage and more cooling comfort in summer months. Improve the comfort of your employees and customers with the help of PSE's heat pump rebate.
How you qualify
- You must be a current PSE commercial electric customer.
- Your primary and current heating system must be electric resistance to qualify. This includes: baseboard, cable, wall heater, electric hydronic, and electric furnaces
- Residential metered customers are not eligible
- Hotel and motel customers upgrading to packaged terminal heat pumps (PTHP) are not eligible for this rebate. Please visit PSE's PTHP rebate page for more information.
- You must install an AHRI Certified heat pump with a minimum HSPF of 8.2.
- Must install to comply with all federal, state, and local code requirements
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment installation.
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice and purchase receipt for your installed product(s). They must include: an installation date, brand, model number(s) of all rebated equipment (include the heat pump, air handler and/or coil model number on the invoice), and amount paid.
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice or purchase receipt for your installed product(s).
- Must submit completed W-9 with packet.
- Rebate cannot exceed the pre-tax purchase price of any rebated product.
For help understanding the incentive and its requirements and to verify your qualifications, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How you apply
- Take pictures of your previous heating system
- Fill out the application
- Make a copy of your equipment invoice
- Email to email@example.com
- Print and mail to the address listed under the signature line
Heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to electric-resistance heating and air conditioners for all climates. Like your refrigerator, heat pumps use electricity to transfer heat from a cool space to a warm space, making the cool space cooler and the warm space warmer. During the heating season, heat pumps move heat from the cool outdoors into your warm business. During the cooling season, heat pumps move heat from your business into the outdoors. Because they transfer heat rather than generate heat, heat pumps can efficiently provide comfortable temperatures for your business.
For personalized advice, contact an Energy Advisor
Or call, 1-800-562-1482